Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Installing hfbright - error 'cannot open type 1 font hfbr10'

Recently, I installed FC10 distribution in my new laptop. I employed the live CD available from the Fedora site.
One benefit of installing Linux from a live CD distro is that it does a minimum installation, different from DVD-distros that install you a lot of packages that you will never use.
However, many times you require some exotic packages that don't come in compact distros.
For instance, I write my documents in LaTeX and compile them with pdflatex.
Now, when I tried to compile my source files to include special mathematical symbols, an error message containing words like 'cannot open type 1 font' and 'hfbr10' appears in my Kile's log message window.
I solved this problem following the manual installation procedure defined in this readme file.
Then, I downloaded all the pfb files located in the pfb web directory, and copy these files in my /usr/share/texmf/fonts/type1/public/hfbright/pfb/ directory.
The following files config.hfbright and hfbright.map were copied to the /usr/share/texmf/dvips/config/. Theser were downloaded from the dvips web directory.
Finally, the updmap program was executed and my error messages were blowed out :-D.


1 comment:

kauyumari said...

Thanks man, this was really useful for me. Because I spent like two hours trying to solve it! But finally it works.